Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Dancing

I didn't have Stipple for very long, when I found out he would dance very early in the morning. In those early days in our relationship, Stipple would wake me up by bounding around in his cage at what I think he thought was a "late" time in the morning. Thankfully, he has since stopped doing that all the time. He now only does it if I do actually sleep in or if he needs something from me.

Anyway, this post isn't about the first time Stipple danced for me. This post is about how Stipple danced for me and my mom.

I had had Stipple for about two weeks, and my family, him, and I were all moving me and my roommate into a new apartment closer to the vet school. Mom and I spent the night in my room, since she and I were going to finish setting some things up the next day. Stipple also spent the night in my room, since I didn't see a point of having him sleep somewhere he wouldn't be sleeping in the future. Also, I could close my bedroom and allow him to hop around without worrying about him getting into a lot of trouble.

The next morning, Stipple started to make a big racket as soon as he realized I was up. He was bounding from side to side of his cage, crashing into his litter boxes. Mom was up and was a bit concerned by what was causing him to "freak out", so I let him out of the cage. Stipple leaped from his cage, and started to dance. He lept, twinkled his toes, flopped his ears for side to side. He spun, bounced, and flung himself with wild abandon. It was one of the most joyous things I have ever seen in my life. But the important thing of this story is, when my mom saw Stipple dance, she finally understood why I loved this rabbit. And that's how Stipple won over my mother.

2 comments:

  1. haha this is so cute! I want to see a video of Stipple dancing. Or is he camera shy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't gotten him on camera dancing. Part of the problem is the time of day he dances. He is into pictures though. I'll see if I can get him on a weekend.

    ReplyDelete